If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.
It built just fine locally, but on Github, it didn't show up. I had to edit (which uses the image), just by changing some white space, in order to get Git Hub Pages to start serving the image.
However, every time I tried it, I struggled to keep the gh-pages branch up to date.
Until I discovered the awesome git checkout gh-pages // go to the gh-pages branch git rebase master // bring gh-pages up to date with master git push origin gh-pages // commit the changes git checkout master // return to the master branch I know this is old news to some of you (I’m a github n00b, struggling with basic stuff, so my advice is probably for other n00bs), but if I had read this a few months ago, it would’ve saved me big hassles, so I’m writing it for the others out there that are like me a few months ago.
If I remember correctly, I solve this by deleting the branch from the server and pushing it again: Thanks for this - it's the only way I could figure out what was wrong.
When I re-created the branch, github then notified me that the problem was that a submodule couldn't be updated, so I removed it as a submodule and committed the files it contained instead.
I tried opening the page in a different browser and it worked.